I am being attacked with i don't what the traffic is. But the requests in Cloudflare show millions of requests!

akmalyousuff

Registered
Oct 16, 2019
Jammu And Kashmir
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I tried to put a website of mine on a dedicated server with whm/cpanel on it, So i was already being attacked by someone and the server was getting cooked up. So I tried Cloudflare and the number of requests blew my mind. I was getting Millions of requests per hour. I don't know what is it, who is it. But it is really hard to keep the site up. Because the site goes down every second and remains down till the server does not go down completely stopping httpd server.
Screenshot of my cloudflare might be of some help to someone who can actually help. blocking the country does not help either.
Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 1.04.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-10-14 at 8.49.39 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-10-14 at 3.47.22 PM.png
As soon as the site is set to be live, the traffic starts pouring in and it goes down the next second. I don't know what to do about it. I have tried cloudflare, sucuri, csf, mod_security, owswap mod sec.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Attack mode in CloudFlare is a great suggestion, there's also the Port Flood Settings in CSF that can be helpful for limiting the amount of connections to any specific port at one time, There's also CC blocking in CSF that might might be helpful if the requests are primarily originating from one place. If none of this helps though, you may need to enlist the assistance of a system administrator. If you don't have one you might find one here: System Administration Services

Thanks!

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Just a follow up if you are using cloudflare do not use the csf protection settings otherwise you'll block the cloudflare ips and the site will be down for everyone. (But, hey, load will be low LOL)

Reactions: cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Just a follow up if you are using cloudflare do not use the csf protection settings otherwise you'll block the cloudflare ips and the site will be down for everyone. (But, hey, load will be low LOL)
Yea, my fault for not clarifying there, thanks @GOT