The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot install PDO from PECL and easyapache breaks my php.ini

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by dilios, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dilios

dilios Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Easyapache breaks my php handlers when I choose the PDO and PDO_mysql from the exhaustive options list

When I don't select pdo and pdo mysql then easyapache does not break the php handlers.

I've searched around and figured that easyapache corrupts my php.ini and i followed the steps in http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/cant-choose-php-5-handler-only-none-appears-147553.html
    Code:
    mv /usr/local/lib/php.ini /usr/local/lib/php.ini.bak110705
    /scripts/phpini

then
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/lib
    diff php.ini php.ini.bak110705

I also tried to install pdo using the PECL modules and I get the output:
    ERROR: `make' failed
    The PDO.so object is not in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626

is the main error I see.

Right now everything is fine with php including ioncube loader. BUT PDO and PDO mysql is left out cause I need my php pages to load not download

Any ideas? Im a real novice with linux, used cpanel before with another webhost and pdo/easyapche worked fine.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is the PDO.so extension in /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626 folder instead? We have an internal case (38252) about the wrong extension directory being used for the download of the file, causing it to not be detected in the proper /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626 location.