The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't access cpanel "Internal Server Error 500"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silis25, Jul 17, 2011.

1. silis25

silis25 Member

Hi,

I have two issues:

1. I can't access cpanel.
    I use the root username and the same password that I have for the WHM but the connection is failing.
    I copied the password without any spaces, double checked it,tried to reset the root password with no success.

/http://80.244.165.23/cpanel

"Internal Server Error

Could not fetch uid or gid for : root"

Is there a direct access toward cpanel?

2. How can I transfer my blog from my original shared hosting server (80.244.168.16 managed by cpanel)
    toward my new vps server (80.244.165.23 WHM access & currently Cpanel is unreachable)?

I need your help.
    Regards,

Kfir Silis

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You do not login to cPanel using root user. In WHM as root user, create a package. Once you've created a package you can create an account and give it that package. On account creation the details are displayed in your browser. Save that text to file. With that new account created you should then be able to login to cpanel at that new account.

Or, logged in as root user to WHM, you might want to use the Copy an Account Functions.

WHM > Transfers > Copy an Account

If you choose this route, do not create the account in advance, (but you still do need to have that package created) on account transfer the system will create the account and restore it here to the new server for you. Once it gets here edit the account and change owner to the Reseller or root user who will own it, and give it that package you created.

For more details the Docs are your friend: All Documentation

HTH!