Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I can't add second IP in WHM panel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prakash00070, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Prakash00070

Prakash00070 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello ,

I am using default IP address in whm panel with single domain ,

Now I want to add other IP address with new domain , I added new IP address from IP functions and added with net mask but it is not working , I checked everithing for that IP but it is not working , its default IP address working in new domain but dedicated IP not working in new domain .

Please help me hoe to resolve this issue ??

I attached screenshot of problem please help me to resolve issue. error 1.png error 2.png

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

First, check to see if the IP address resolves to the server by entering it in your web browser with a port that should be open for use (e.g. https://NEWIP:2087). If it loads and you can authenticate to WHM, then you know the IP address resolves to the cPanel server.

Next, make sure the issue you see isn't simply related to how Apache Mod_Userdir works. We document the feature at:

Apache mod_userdir Tweak - Version 70 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

As a way to verify this, setup a hosts file on your local computer pointing the domain name to that IP address and then try loading it in your browser via domain.tld instead of IP/~username:

How to Modify your hosts File - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CPWorld

CPWorld Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am assuming that you are fully aware that you cannot arbitrarily add an IP address and additionally your hosting provider has to actually assign your server the new address that you will be using and that IP address also has to be setup in the data center routers and associated with your server's network card specifically before it can be used with your server machine.

On your server's end, you need to input the correct IP settings into your server's configuration for IP, subnet, and gateway and you also must restart the "network" service on your server before you can use the IP address.

On the network side at the data center, your MAC address of your server's network card or network slot ID must be added to the routers before the new IP address will begin to work with your server. This is very common and makes sure servers only use the IPs which they have been assigned.

Some networks require in addition to the IP being configured in BOTH the network routers and your server that you also either physically power down or reboot the server machine before the routers will begin routing the new IP address to the server regardless of the configuration on your server itself as they will only begin routing the IP if in an offline status.

NOTE: Occasionally, data centers will forget to update the new IP configuration on their end in their router configuration. When this happens then the IP won't work even though you have set it up on your server correctly, restarted the network service, and rebooted or power cycled the server as well. If this happens then you need to have the data center double check and make sure they did not forget to setup their end or accidentally associate the IP address with the wrong server.

4. Prakash00070

Prakash00070 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello ,

I can't load new IP address , So now where is error ?? how to resolve this issue ?? Please help me.

Thanks.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In this case, once you've reviewed the earlier post about adding the IP, you'd need to contact your hosting provider to have them verify why the IP address is not routed to the server.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...