Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I can't create new accounts in my WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by evilmonkey, Apr 28, 2006.

1. evilmonkey

evilmonkey Member

Okay, this isn't good. I had a user (vlad) who was associated with a domain (tmeet.com). I tried to move stuff from another server onto the vlad account, but they told me the account already existed. So I went to "terminate and account" in the WHM and deleted it. Tried the transfer again, it failed (my other server blocked it). However, the "vlad" account is now in limbo: it says that it exists, I try to terminate it, it tells me that "the unix account vlad does not exist". I try to recreate it, it gives me this error: "Sorry, a DNS entry for tmeet.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)". However, I have no intention of running a DNS server (in fact, I'm not running one). It returns that error each time I try to create a user with the tmeet.com domain. In the meantime, I can't log into the vlad account (cpanel, ftp, etc.)...the only thing that sees it is the WHM. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

2. konrath

konrath Well-Known Member

Remove from this user from

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

/etc/group

/etc/passwd

/var/named/

/etc/named.conf

and try create again.

3. evilmonkey

evilmonkey Member

Okay, at the risk of sounding like a total noob, how can I access these files? This is my dedicated server, however, root access through SSH is "not enabled by default". This is a redhat enterprise server. Is there any way toedit these through WHM? Thanks!

4. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

Add your user to root wheel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. evilmonkey

evilmonkey Member

Alright, I found the problem, it was the stupid named.conf file (which I don't even use). I simply rolled back the changes that were made to it when the account got messed up. Thanks for the hint.

6. evilmonkey

evilmonkey Member

Can you explain what that means? Justfor future refernce...:eek:

7. konrath

konrath Well-Known Member

You have a dedicated server? If yes then request your root (user and password) to your datacenter

install
    http://www.putty.nl/download.html

If you do not know SSH then you pay a professional to help you.

8. evilmonkey

evilmonkey Member

I know how to SSH (and I'm familiar enough with the Linux shell). Yes, I'm on a dedicated server. Anyway, I got it figured out. Thanks. :)