The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get an FTP connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webignition, Apr 10, 2006.

1. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You should check what errors you encounter and contact the hosting provider to see what the problem may be.

2. katenp

katenp Registered

Please help, I've been merrily FTPing to the site for about three weeks now, then four days ago my FTP refused to connect. I left it for the weekend (hoping it would sleep it off), but have had no joy.

It's still connecting fine to all other sites, but is just screwing up the cpanel one.

Anyone got any idea where I'd even start? I'm helping a computer phobic friend build their website and though I have full access to their account, any tutorials or joining data has been lost.

At the moment my best suggestion is transfering their site to another web host, but I'd like to try everything before I resort to that.

Thanks,
    K

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Can you access it directly via browser? If not, maybe you tripped the firewall.

4. katenp

katenp Registered

An overactive firewall meant I haven't been able to get into any of the account stuff on cpanel aince I started working with the site, but the ftp was fine for the first 3 weeks.

Could the firewall be preventing ftp access as well now? How would I check into ftp in my browser?

Sorry for so many stupid questions, I'm new to these sorts of problems. Give me a site build anyday!