The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't make a account transfer because domain is owned by system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khorinis, Apr 11, 2011.

1. khorinis

khorinis Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I try to transfer the entire account of my old server via ssh but the domain domain.tld can't be created with DNS/Account because of system.domain.tld is owned by system. How to get my domain still working and keep WHM on system.domain.tld?

2. MattLee

MattLee BANNED

Hello,

Your description is rather cryptic to me but I'm going to try to work through it and maybe you can help clarify the issue further.

I should note that if you want an immediate response to this issue, it'd be best to contact our support department through the appropriate channels so that they can get this working for you as fast as possible.

Where should I go for support? - cPanel Inc.

3. MattLee

MattLee BANNED

The easiest way to detect domain ownership on a cPanel system is with our whoowns script. This script searches through the /etc/userdomain file for the domain and will output the username associated with it. If for some reason there are multiple entries in this file, it will print out every username associated with it without spaces; ie: user1user2

Code:
    /scripts/whoowns domain.tld

Can you tell me what the response for this script is for the domain you are having an issue with on the NEW server?