I can't use outlook for my email

rscalover

Dec 16, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have a office365(personal) subscription and i'm unable to add my domain email accounts when i try to add it i see this error in /var/log/exim_mainlog

Code:
2020-12-25 21:51:33 TLS error on connection from [$ip]:51582 SSL_accept: TCP connection closed by peer
i always get the "oeps there is something wrong" window verry annoying .

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
HI, whats your level of access, do you have WHM access or Cpanel only ?
I had a very similar issue around 6 months ago, with an IOS user, in the end I changed the ciphers, but I don't think you could do this if you don't have whm access.

Maybe have a play with the outlook settings and see if you can at least connect without TLS security.

rscalover

Dec 16, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
HI, whats your level of access, do you have WHM access or Cpanel only ?
I had a very similar issue around 6 months ago, with an IOS user, in the end I changed the ciphers, but I don't think you could do this if you don't have whm access.

Maybe have a play with the outlook settings and see if you can at least connect without TLS security.
I can access both cPanel and whm access level root i was already suspecting the issue has something todo with ciphers .I already tryed the settings without tls but no luck then the same window with error comes up with a different error message

Code:
No connection is made with the outgoing SMTP server no verification methods supported by outlook are being supported by your server.
I have a feeling outlook wants you to use port 25 but this is not possible that port is blocked by my host.

Edit problem solved

It seems the issue is being caused if you set the smtp server to use STARTTLS if you set both to SSL/Tls outlook adds the account hmmm strange

Last edited:

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Also bear in mind that Microsoft is doing something in the background.
When you connect to your server using Outlook, it's being routed through MicroSoft servers.
Something which I discovered recently.