Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I configured google for my domain but when someone sends me a mail, they get a 550 error

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Arushaimtiaz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Arushaimtiaz

Arushaimtiaz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey everyone,

I bought my domain from godaddy and configured google for my domain. Initially it was working fine. I could send and receive emails from anyone.

Then I hosted my website using freehosting and cPanel someone came into play. Now the issue is that I can send emails from my email address but I can't seems to receive emails.

Google prompted me to update mt MX record in the DNS settings on the DNS console. I did that, updated the MX records to the vales given here https://support.google.com/a/answer/174125?hl=en
    Nothing happened.

I then logged in to my cpanel and updates the MX records there as well with priority 1 pointing to mydomain name. That didnt work either.

What should I do now?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest using a website such as IntoDNS to verify the MX records for your domain names have been configured properly.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...