The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could SCREAM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coryga, Jul 28, 2006.

1. coryga

coryga Member

I'm using ImHosted.com and Frontpage to update my website, and using Cpanel as controls. I haven't been able to connect with my server for the site for a week now, and IMHosted claims all is fine on their end, and nothing is blocked, etc. My ISP/DSL says the same thing......... Any one have any idea's on what my problem is...... Can you email me at coryga@aol.com I'm not sure if I'd figure out how to get back here or not....LOL

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

In what way can't you connect?

Is this only in relation to Frontpage, or can you neither connect to send/receive mail or view your website?

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you are unable to reach your virtual server using FP to publish your site, the problem could be either your end or your host. Did FP return any error messages when trying to reach your site?

4. coryga

coryga Member

When I go into FP and select to open my site it say's its been either deleted, moved or Network problems

5. Lippy

Lippy Active Member

Are you able to view your site? We need to rule out problems first. First problem to rule out is if you are connectivity issues. Are you able to reach your server using a web browser?

6. coryga

coryga Member

I have no problems viewing the site, it's getting on the server via frontpage. It just will not connect!

7. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Unless your host research this problem, there is nothing you can do. Contact your host, or look for a new one.

8. scoopy

scoopy Member

Recently had a similiar problem where a user could not connect. From what I found this is more of a Microsoft problem than with any host.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320282

FrontPage 2002 and FrontPage 2000 only use active-mode FTP and has no option to use Passive-Mode Connection which is what we use with our cPanel / FTP setups.

As a work-a-round... just design your site (if you must ;) ) with FrontPage... and then upload with another FTP client.