The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have been hacked? [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jabe, Dec 29, 2005.

1. jabe

jabe Registered

I have been hacked????

Hello, in awstats under "Authenticated users (Top 10)" their is a name and he has visited on the 23rd and 27th. Normally its just empty under their and i dont know what this name is its not a login name i have ever used. So someone has been logging in to something but it dosent explain what.
    What does this mean? Someone has access to my cpanel? Or something else?
    I dont know that much so i appreciate help! Also what i can do to check and fix etc. Thankyou

2. fikse

fikse Well-Known Member

do you have any users/passwords setup for that account in cpanel? cpanel > pasword protect directories?

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It is not clear whether you are the admin of the server and have root/whm access, or just a user/client of a hosting firm? Answering fikse suggestions/questions might help finding out who tried to access your cPanel.

4. flashweb

flashweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have seen this on a server. Awstats show authorised user, but there is no such user.

This can be due to some program or browser access your web site with user name, that is

http://someuser:somepass@www.yourdomain.com

If you do this, you will see awstats shows the "someuser" in authorised users list.