The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have DNS problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by proogammer, Mar 3, 2012.

1. proogammer

proogammer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Last night I was altering settings for dns and somehow I made an error due to which the accounts hosted on my server didn't poing to the right location instead I get this error page
    ================================================================================
    ================================================================================

All the domains that used to work now show the same message and if I try to open one of its php file like "http://domain.com/index.php"

then I get the follow message page

I terminated one of hosted accounts re-created it, then it worked fine. I have too many accounts hosted on my server and now I want them to work fine. Is it possible to delete all the dns zones of accounts and create them back easily?

I went through the dns settings of other accounts they seem to correct. Also when I create new account on server it works fine too.

Is there a short way of making all the accounts work fine again?

2. hoststop

hoststop Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there.. There are chances that VritualHost entry for the domain and the one in zone files do not match. You need to cross check if the A record set to domains is the same in apache config files.

3. proogammer

proogammer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am new with WHM so can you please explain it to me for how to do it?

4. hoststop

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to make check via SSH (command prompt). An other alternative is to change the IP from WHM >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address and change it back to the old once. Doing this it will correct the entries. If you are unsure, contact your host.

5. proogammer

proogammer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Problemo Solver!!! thanks for your help hoststop but I did the other way.
    I had to run easyapache and recompile and build all the stuff back and it worked then..

6. hoststop

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Glad to know that your issue has been sorted.