The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have exceeded my Bandwidth on CPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrianSchmit, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BrianSchmit

BrianSchmit Registered

I am allowed 200mb per month bandwidth

Got an email saying I am at 205.28mb for December so far.

Was wondering how much I will be charged for that?

Does bandwidth get charged every time I visit the site?

Or is it every time I upload files?

There is a graph saying I am at 11% of my bandwidth though. This must not be correct since I got email saying I have exceeded my limits.

How much does it cost to increase bandwidth?

schmit35@msn.com thank you in advance for the help.... Brian Schmit

2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

You will need to contact your web hosting provider service regarding your issue as they will assist you the cost for additional bandwidth.

3. BrianSchmit

BrianSchmit Registered

any idea what the charge is going over?

4. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It entirely depends on how much your host charges for that sort of thing. A 200mb quota is pretty low so it could go either way - expensive or cheap.

5. simon_joseph

simon_joseph Registered

If you are looking for more bandwidth I would say go to kvchosting they offer unlimited bandwidth and fantastic support and services.The price also is awesome and afordable.

6. rachelm

rachelm Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, everything has a limit :P

Brian I would suggest contacting your hosting company, cpanel only makes the software your host is using, your host decides on space/bandwidth and costs so only they can help you.

Each host is different so you'd have to ask them directly as nobody here could even guess at the actual price they'll charge (or even what company it is).

7. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What rachelm has posted is correct; it will be necessary to contact the service provider from where the web hosting was purchased to inquire about specific details of pricing and bandwidth overage policies and how it affects the account involved. While cPanel and WHM is the software used, cPanel, the company, is not the web hosting service provider.

8. Potato

Potato Active Member

Ehh I wouldn't recommend kvchosting. My site was down all te time. I switched to hostgator.com and haven't had any and support is awesome

9. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

here we go with shameless plugs. I will start off by saying that I have been in the business since 97 and using cPanel since 1999. I have yet to see cPanel charge anyone for bandwidth. lol , the poor guy is with a host that allows him 200MB/month bandwidth. All he needs is 2 weeks worth of worms hitting his site and to download his email 50 times a day and he is over the 200MB. I agree with John, that's insanly low. How on earth do these people find cPanel forums all the time instead of the providers they gave their credit card to? and hostgator, ok. i like the sign on the building. I bet it was expensive. The other host ..there is no such thing as unlimited anything in hosting. It's called unmetered. and that's like 500 people being told they can have unlimited food at a buffet and then ready set go. only problem is, the troth only holds so much slop. can you imagine the mess? you get what you pay for.

and NO I am not taking any new clients this year!! next year I have a slot for 3 available. To the original poster, I am sorry you got suckered into a hosting company they directs you to cPanel for help. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. cPanelDon ..who the hell are you? did sean drag you into the mix when he came on board? anyway, it's good to see you posting when people answer. However I do have to say, InfoPro (Chuck) has always done a good job :)

</rant>

Damn !!! 618 posts in a year, it's a BOT !!!!! it's the DonBot !!!!! hell yea !!! Ben, did you make this thing? good job man!!

#9 rpmws, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  10. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Don, hang in there man. You are doing a great job on the forums :) I don't believe we have met yet, but infopro just filled me in . I like to kid around in here more then anything. You might find 10% of what I say useful. maybe. LOL:D