Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I have problem with Hostname setup in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unix4real, Sep 23, 2005.

1. unix4real

unix4real Registered

Hello,
    I have a problem with hostname setup in my WHM. I created a name like for example:
    localhost.mydomain.com but when I click to add an entry for yuor hostname. I found invalid licence. Please can anyone tell me what happened?

Thanks
    Unix4real :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Usually, you should be simply able to refresh the WHM browser window again and it should then work so long as you chose a valid hostname for the server. As an example, localhost.mydomain.com is a bad choice since localhost has a specific meaning in *nix. You should use something more like host.mydomain.com or server.mydomain.com or bob.mydomain.com, etc. Don't forget to an an A record to the zone file of mydomain.com for the hostname to point to the main IP address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...