The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have the Root and Reseller Admin Panel but I want the Domain Owner Panel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TransPersonal, Oct 6, 2009.

1. TransPersonal

TransPersonal Member

I just got a dedicated server hosting plan (first time) and I ordered cPanel with it. At the moment I didn't realize a dedicated server means you have to do everything yourself. So obviously I got the Root and Reseller Admin Panel. I would like to know how I can get the Domain Owner Panel which is what I'm used to.

Do I have to create users or something? If so, how? Please advice.

Thanks

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

After sucessfully installation of cPanel you will have to use the below URL's to access the WHM:

https://1.1.1.1:2087 (you will have to use the IP address of your server instead of 1.1.1.1).

You can manage all your users from WHM. Moreover, from client end side you will have to use the below mentioned URL to access the cPanel:

http://domain.com:2082 or http://1.1.1.1:2082 (IP address of the server).

3. votethehost.com

votethehost.com Active Member

Hello,

When you create a new account in WHM that account will be assigned a cpanel and you can access that account from cpanel to which you are used to. For more information you can check the following link:

Index of All cPanel/WHM Documentation

4. TransPersonal

TransPersonal Member

Thanks guys,

I got it working. I set up a new user and typed the domainname assigned to that user with the 2080 port at the end and now I have domain owner access to cpanel.

One thing though, when I view a list of my users - I see the one I just created above but also another with a user name of rvadmin. The host name for that is server1.mydomainname.net.zz. What is this account, is this my main WHM account?

5. robbie_troster

robbie_troster Well-Known Member

If you have installed RVSkins for your dedicated server (it may have came with the package you purchased) that is the domain which controls it.

If you delete that domain, your customers and you will face difficulty in using the control panel if you have set a skin.

6. whwrobert

whwrobert Active Member

Hello,

That account is created when you have RV Skin or Rv Site Builder installed on server. All the working of these applications is control by this account and you should not delete it. In RVSiteBuilder there is option called as "Try Out Demo" to provide to your clients before they can use or purchase it. This account is used for Try Out Demo option.