Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I import large files through mysql but it doesn't work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webstuff, Aug 20, 2011.

1. webstuff

webstuff Well-Known Member

I have a 3 gig sql file. that I uploaded to a cpanel account.. When i run - mysql -u #username# -p #database# < #dump_file# it works fine.. then half way through it just stops...

maybe? -

Then I come back hours later and my putty program says network error... Is there some sort of ssh timeout? I noticed if I walk away or leave it run for so long after not touching it closes... And I am wondering if this is the cause the why my sql doesn't upload completely because everytime I get the network popup it stops moving the files into the sql...

If it helps any... I know the dump files are good too...

#1 webstuff, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

If you are receiving a network error message and are disconnected from your SSH session, you should try running the command in "screen":

Screen

This utility will allow you to run the command in a screen session and not have to remain logged into the server.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...