Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I installed WHM on a new VPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crshep, Apr 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

I installed WHM and this new VPS I just got the problem is everytime I reboot the VPS the WHM license fails once it come back on line. I must SSH and reset the hostname and then reset the WHM license /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt everytime.

So why and how can I fix this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Ultimately it sounds like at least part of the issue is that the hostname is being reset to the container name of the VPS everytime it reboots. To resolve this you need to access the host node and rename the container if you don't have access to this you'll need to have your hosting provider do this for you and set it to the server's hostname. Once this is done can you let us know if the issue persists on reboot?

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

Thanks that was it.

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi Charles,

I'm really happy to hear that! Please let us know if you have any other issues or concerns!

Thank you,