The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like the new CP. But.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doni49, Jun 18, 2007.

1. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    1) I really like the new CP11 now that I have it.
    2) There is one thing that I don't like: it TRIES UNSUCESSFULLY to decide whether what I'm wanting to do is right.

Example #1: I'm the ONLY user in my domain. I've got a bunch of email addresses which all forward the same email box. But rather than have EACH of those forwarders route directly to that mbox, I inserted an intermediary in there. This way if/when the destination address changes, I don't have to enter it a bunch of times--I just enter it ONCE. I've been doing this for a few years now. I just tried to create a new forwarder and it saw that I was forwarding to another forwarder and elected to find an address that's NOT a forwarder and send email there!

Example #2: I pipe mail to a PHP script. However if I don't specify the path to PHP in the command line, I get bounce back messages. But CP's system REFUSES to allow me to enter anything other than the script's path and filename.

The following WORKS:
    |/usr/local/bin/php /home/username/EmailHandlers/EmailHandler.php

The following DOESN'T work:

This is the ONLY change I make from it NOT working to having it WORK! And YES when I run which php from a shell prompt, it does tell me /usr/local/bin/php

Now thankfully, I'm a reseller and I was able to switch myself to the old style X skin long enough to make these additions. The X skin doesn't seem to have this level of "error checking"--thank goodness!