The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED I lost my https when moved main domain

Discussion in 'Security' started by durangod, Jan 5, 2017.

1. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I originally had the host.site.com running on my dedicated server, and the site.com running on a different shared server because i was not yet ready to move the main domain to the dedicated server yet. Everything worked fine till today when i made the move.

So now i have the hostname and the domain under the same roof.

I changed the DNS names from my old host cloudflare and installed it as normal for the domain name, and that side appears to be fine.

The root WHM seems to work as http but has lost its https, and also none of the cpanel accounts url's work at all, not even when i change the url to ip:port but the WHM i am able to get into using the IP:port method.

UPDATE: i can now get into cpanel via using ip and port as well, but still no https.

I reinstalled the cert which covers both the hostname and the domain in WHM -> service configuration -> manage service ssl certificates.

I also went to WHM -> SSL/TLS -> install SSL cert on a domain and installed the domain cert on the domain (because i could not get into cpanel to do so) and this process was successful.

I have cloudflare set to SSL flexible.

The domain does appear to be propagated to the new DNS of cloudflare via intodns listing.

However I am not able to use WHM as https, what am i missing?

Thanks

#1 durangod, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This (see image)

whmnotreached.jpg

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    After you added/changed the hostname, did you go here to set the A entry?
    Home »DNS Functions »Add an A Entry for Your Hostname

If it was me, I'd disable cloudflare until you had the server properly configured and then improve on things (cloudflare) from there.

5. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, the problem is that DNS is very hard for me to set up manually, so thats why i use cloudflare, a few A records, a MX record, and a CNAME record and its done, simple simple.. But WHM has always got me so confused and frustrated when setting up DNS. Plus the fact that with cloudflare i dont need to pay a host, their free plan saves me tons of money every year.

But you may be misunderstanding my situation, its not the host name i added, the host name was already running on the dedicated server for 6 mos now. It was the base domain name that i moved from namecheap shared hosting to the dedicated server. This is why im not sure why its not working.

Basically all i did was change the DNS for the site.com from namecheap to cloudflare and then set up my cloudflare account for the site.com.

The cpanel was already installed for the site.com name when i first set up the server, it was just dead and never used until now because i was using the site.com name connected to namecheap at the time.

So the titan.site.com is what is running whm as the host name and has been for 6 mos
    The site.com part of that was on namecheap but now its on the same dedicated server as the titan.site.com

I even went in and set the site.com to default domain.

So my thought is that nothing changed other than the installed cert on site.com and the DNS name and IP for site.com so thats why i dont get why its not working, nothing has changed with the titan.site.com it just needs to see that the site.com is now on a shared ip on its same server now rather than on namecheap.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might check the domain with intodns.com for issues you recognize as incorrect.

7. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Already did that a few hours ago, but ill check again, thanks

8. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    whooo hooo got it!! When you said hostname i decided to check the A record for hostname on cloudflare and i had it set to the domain shared ip 31 not the host ip 30 once i changed that bang it worked.

I knew it had to be something simple, my goof up of course lol..

Thanks

9. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Great news then! :)