The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I marked "V" on "registry nameservers" forr all my 400 accounts :(

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by orel100, Apr 3, 2008.

1. orel100

orel100 Registered

At any time that I opened a storage in my reseller ,I was marked on "v" this possibility : "Use domain registry nameservers" ( ignore locally configured ones ). It cause to all 400 accounts very hard problems. There are 400 storages are full in the contents so that I can not open newly. I need to change for all my accounts that they will no use domain registry nameservers as I marked in V when I was open their accounts. http://siteme.co.il/v.jpg - This is the "V" I mentioned. You can see example of what this mark can be harm here: http://1800550.siteme.co.il/forum
    I tried to change it here: Account Functions-->Modify an Account, and here: Multi-Account Functions-->Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts but "registry nameservers" Does not appear there. From the Hostdime center I get this answer: Hello Orel, "I am afraid to say that you will have to recreate them again to fix this issue. Please take backup of account which you will be modifying." Now I can't open 400 accounts again! What should I do ?

Thank you very much!

2. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hi there,

We've encountered similar issues. This happens because WHM 11 now looks at registrar whois data to simplify your settings.

I believe when you say "V" you mean "Check Box". ;)

If it is checked, you will use the whois data information for the DNS. If it is NOT checked, you use the ones configured in your "Tweak Settings" area of your WHM. This feature works very well, however, an oversight can cause many problem.

Solution:

- Edit your DNS using the "Edit a DNS Zone" for each and every zone.

OR

- If your zones all have the same BAD DNS information, you can use a replace command in CLI (shell) as root, to resolve them.

I strongly recommend, if using the replace option, that you make a backup of ALLLL your zones first. Once this is done, you can issue the following:

Code:
    [root@server ~] cd /var/named 
    [root@server named] replace "BAD DNS INFORMATION" "NEW DNS INFORMATION" -- *.db
    [root@server named] service named reload
    Keep in mind, when executing this, BAD DNS INFORMATION will be the bad dns host name and the NEW DNS INFORMATION will be the proper name.

Example:

Let's say your BAD DNS was: ns1.baddnsserver.com and ns2.baddnsserver.com
    Let's say your GOOD DNS is: ns1.yourhostingcompany.com and ns2.yourhostingcompany.com

You would do:

Code:
    [root@server ~] cd /var/named
    [root@server named] replace "ns1.baddnsserver.com" "ns1.yourhostingcompany.com" -- *.db
    [root@server named] replace "ns2.baddnsserver.com" "ns2.yourhostingcomany.com" -- *.db
    [root@server named] service named reload
    This would replace both bad DNS with good dns and then the reload would make the changes live.

I know there's a language barrier, based on the post, however, hopefully, I can manage to get through. :)

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST... I can never say this enough. ;)

Have a great day, let me know how things go,

3. hostingmetro

hostingmetro Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Where does one see this option?

I'm running latest stable. Is it only on release and higher?

4. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hey groovy991,

We run Release, so I don't know if it's in stable. It's in the Account Creation dialog.

Let me know if you have more questions,

5. apscinsspl

apscinsspl Well-Known Member

Hello,

Hope this help you:

Check to unselect not to use NameServer settings of registrar in tweak settings.

"When adding a new domain, automatically create A entries for the registered nameservers if they would be contained in the zone."