The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a help with multiple IP's

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by darixbl, Sep 28, 2012.

1. darixbl

darixbl Registered

Sep 28, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello !

I am running a host company and some of my clients are sending larger amount of emails, to be honest i am not receiving bounces nor spam complains and they said they are using confirmed opt-in lists and i believe them, but since all emails are going from one IP, they sometimes doesn't deliver to the destination or got delayed for, sometimes even, few days.

I have a dedicated server with 30 IP addresses, but i don't know to put only two or three clients per IP address and not all of them on one IP address, how can i assign different IP address to different hosting package which i open in cPanel ?

Thank you very much for any help !
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello darixbl,

There is not currently an option to assign an IP to be shared among accounts on a single package. The only method to do what you are wanting to do would be to setup a series of reseller accounts. Each reseller account can have a shared IP that all other accounts owned by the reseller would use. If you then setup packages for each reseller, you could have set accounts on that package and owned by that reseller on the same IP.

To configure resellers, you'd go to WHM > Resellers area. There are options there to make an account or accounts resellers, then to set the shared IP for that reseller.