The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help please

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by samaanet, Apr 18, 2011.

1. samaanet

samaanet Active Member

fisrt i hope this is the right section .. and am sorry if not

i have vbulletin forum ..

i have problem when i try to make the attachment out of the database and use file system ... when i try to direct the files to specific folder .. it's says error in write / read please make sure you put the right permission ... am sure i give the folder Chmod 777 by ftp also by cpanel .. also i tried to give it 1777 but also not working ... where the error

i use whm/cpenal ... is there special configuration for cpanel or php that ... also my friend moved his forum to my vps and he use file system for save the attachment not like me in database and now he can't download or upload any of these file

i need help please ..

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Moving attachments to the File System is a good idea, moving that server to a SuPHP environment even better. You do not want directories set to 777. In the "old days" this was more acceptable than now. Now it's just plain crazy, IMO.

Makes sure all files and directories are owned by the cPanel user. If not and you are not Server Administrator, ask him to set the files and directories owner to you and then ask him if SuPHP is possible. Life running a website is much easier with SuPHP. :)

3. samaanet

samaanet Active Member

actually i use Suphp ... and am the administrator could you tell me how i make sure about directories

and how i can change it ,,, and thank you for reply

is that wut u mean

Account Properties
    Username samaanet

Account Owner samaanet

#3 samaanet, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  4. samaanet

samaanet Active Member

could you provide me profile for easy Apache to rebuild it .. am medicine student and am not expert in whm/cpanel and Apache ,,,please notes that am am using php 5.2.17 because i use x cache and zend tech

#4 samaanet, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    XCache will not work with suPHP on a machine, since all of the OPCode for PHP do not work with suPHP. There's little reason to use XCache, EAccelerator, or APC when you have suPHP since PHP caching modules don't do anything at all under that environment. If you need to use XCache and have it function, you'd have to use DSO or FCGI instead for the PHP handler.

As for a profile to rebuild Apache, what precisely are you wanting to rebuild to achieve with EasyApache? Are you wanting to update PHP or add some component? There is no "one fits all" profile for Apache, and you haven't stated the purpose of what you are trying to achieve with a rebuild.

6. samaanet

samaanet Active Member

am lost in middle of all this am trying to make attachment work in file system i need profile for eayapache for who use vbulltine forum .. to see what it'd should be enable and what not should be .. to make the attachment work in file system .. also because i can't find any error in my config so i need professional touch in my config

7. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If your server is running SuPHP no directory should be more than 755. You've already got SuPHP going, what would you need to rebuild Apache for this permissions issue?

8. samaanet

samaanet Active Member

yes ... i want rebulid for this issue

i will change permission to 755 and check ..

also i changed the php hurdler to dso also not working ... is there something wrong with php or cpanel or forum ... but forum used to be work in the previous hosting company

could i send you my cpanel/whm details by pm and check by your self .. am very tired from this ..

#8 samaanet, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  9. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm sorry, no. But your host can assist you with this. Short of that you might ask cPanel support via the ticket system to take a look at your server if you suspect an issue.

From in your WHM > Support > Support Center, you'll find your support access number at bottom of page and a link to contact cPanel.