The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need major Logging In Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ALade, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALade

ALade Registered

OK. I just signed up for a domain at www.afmu.com and they told me to go to www.cpanel.com and that's what I was going to be using to design my web-site. Well, they told me to go to my domain /cpanel (www.example.com/cpanel) and that's where I should start. I went there and cPanel wanted my login and password. I do not know this. Where do I get this information? I never signed up for anything with cPanel but now they want my login ID and password. What do I do?

#1 ALade, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2006
  2. sitekeeper

sitekeeper Well-Known Member

cPanel is just a control panel for your account, to setup emails and other things. When you signed up with your host you should have picked or been emailed a username and password. That is what the cpanel message is asking for. These forums are mostly for the people who run the servers (Webhosts) or other that own/lease the servers.

3. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

cPanel is a control panel which allows you to access all of your features and manage your web hosting account. Your hosting provider is responsible for providing support for you with this.

When you signed up at your hosting provider you should have recieved a username and password to login to the control panel. If not, speak to your web host and find out whats going on.

As mentioned, these forums are for Server Administrators, not for clients. Its upto your hosting provider to give you any help you need. If not, find a new host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.