The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need PHP+CURL... period.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slikk66, Jul 20, 2010.

1. slikk66

slikk66 Registered

Hi, I am in charge of migrating an existing website over to a server running the following version of cPanel:

cPanel 11.25.0-S46156 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 5.5 i686 standard

-----------

This website uses CURL throughout. I am unable to rewrite how the website works.

Apparently there is some issue/reason why cPanel doesn't come pre-installed with CURL, but early on in the application, it just dies with:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/public_html/includes/core/functions/utility.php on line 809

Can I get CURL working on this version of cPanel?

Thanks.

2. slikk66

slikk66 Registered

Additional Info:

PHP Version 5.2.9

Configure Command
    './configure' '--disable-pdo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

3. slikk66

slikk66 Registered

I have installed CURL via yum.. following instructions on another thread..

[/]# yum install curl curl-*

This appeared to install it correctly, I also restarted apache.

Now upon running whereis curl.. I get:
    curl:
    /usr/bin/curl
    /usr/include/curl
    /usr/share/man/man1/curl.1.gz

I assume next step is to recompile PHP, using the following new command (just --with-curl added to end)

'./configure' '--disable-pdo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-curl=/usr'

Is there anything else I am missing before recompiling? I saw some post a while ago mentioning I would need something similar to --with-ssl also needed, but I can't seem to find it now..

Thanks guys

4. TheHeartSmasher

TheHeartSmasher Active Member

Please try the following and let us know if it helped when logged in as root in WHM.

EasyApache (Apache Update)->Start Customizing based on profile->Apache 2.2->PHP 5->5.3.2->Exhaustive Options List->Select Curl, CurlSSL, Curlwrappers then Save and Build.

5. slikk66

slikk66 Registered

---- This worked beautifully.. the website is functioning now. Thank you very much TheHeartSmasher

6. TheHeartSmasher

TheHeartSmasher Active Member

No problem, glad I could help.