The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to update Our church missions website I need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pastorbarhorst, Apr 17, 2009.

1. pastorbarhorst

pastorbarhorst Registered

My Sponsor passed away from cancer March 9 2009 she was teaching me as she just transferred our site to a new hosting company. Before she could teach me she passed away. I know how to log in, but do not know how to edit the text on the pages. Please I need help email me pastorwilliambarhorst@yahoo.com
    I can also be contacted with yahoo messenger pastorwilliambarhorst is my screen name I am ussually invisable but will respond so send me an instant message thank you and God Bless you..
    here is the link to the news story:
    northjersey.com/news/northernnj/41008102.html

our website is bofmissions.org

I also found out that there are people using our website to send spam because I now get returned mail from sites rejecting the emails and mail returned to me. How do I change or delete these people that made themselves administrators?

I forgot to mention The program I am using is cPanel and Fantastico and frontpage.

#1 pastorbarhorst, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Warrenw

Warrenw Active Member
    PartnerNOC

3. Silver_2000

Silver_2000 Well-Known Member

just because you are getting returned mail doesnt mean you are necessarily sending spam from your server

its pretty common for spammers to spoof other domains

4. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Pastor,

You really need someone who knows what they are doing to sit down with you and look over things. There's a million ways that cpanel and fantastico and frontpage could be used to build your site. They may or may not have something to do with the spam issues. There's a lot of other variables there. It's going to be next to impossible for someone to sort this out for you in these forums (not too mention that that's not what these forums are for).

If you can't find someone you trust, with some knowledge, in your community... you should maybe hire a professional to spend an hour or two, looking over your stuff, and getting a sense of what is in place and what needs to be done.

Good luck,

5. ourweb

ourweb Well-Known Member

Pastor, if you contract me I will be more than happy to look in any issue you may have.

http://www.ourweb.net
    508-829-2005