The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to upload a full backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by czerdrill, Feb 28, 2011.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Well-Known Member

I need to upload a full backup to my server and I understand it has to be in the /home directory and not /home/user in order to do the restore from WHM. How would I upload something to /home using FTP? When I use FTP is automatically goes to /home/usr and i'm unable to move up a directory...

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If you have root access, then only you will be able to upload in the /home directory. Otherwise you need to contact your host.

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Well-Known Member

Thank you cptechie, I had root access and was able to do it. Once it finishes uploading is it as simple as just going to WHM and restoring the full cpanel backup there? Do I have to create the account before hand or will it be created when I do the restore?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello czerdrill,

You would not need to create the account beforehand, since the account shouldn't already exist to restore it. Once it finishes uploading provided you have it in the right directory (either /home or /root), then you can restore the account in WHM > Backup > Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file area.

Thanks!