The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Updated my SSL Cert, now I cannot access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lostnode, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Lostnode

Lostnode Member

Ok, this is strange...

I will try and explain as much as I possibly can. I have an SSL Certificate for my main domain (www.Digitalfingerprint.net) and before I had used the same cert for my WHM and Cpanel Master Cert. Now the old certificate has expired, and I went to update them. I updated my certificate for Digitalfingerprint.net no problem, it says it expires in 2008... Now I went to update it in Cpanel, and it goes and gets the cert, then locks me out of all Cpanel/WHM related sites (http://www.digitalfingerprint/webmail, /cpanel, /whm) telling me "Connection Refused"

Any idea what happened? It worked before, but now I cannot access anything... how can I reset it manualy? Like via Console, since I cannot access WHM or Cpanel

Matt

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Hi Matt,

The WHM cert didn't install correctly - this usually happens if you have a cabundle and didn't add the correct one for the new cert when you changed it in WHM. You can get around it by logging in over the non-SSL connection to WHM, i.e. http://yourserver:2086 and then investigating it further. Just to be sure that it isn't just a glitch, you should first try restarting cPanel from shell:

/etc/init.d/cpanel restart

3. Lostnode

Lostnode Member

Thanks Chirpy... It had to have been a glitch becasue it works fine now... I had my hosting company reset the server cert, and this time when I inputed my cert it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.