The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wan tto do the other stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trusion, Jul 21, 2004.

1. trusion

trusion Registered

Jul 21, 2004
    Need help with new install and configuration

After reading the documentation, and a post from I found that the new install scripts will overwrite all configurations that are currently on the server. I will be using a Gentoo server, and would like to setup cPanel. The problem is that I would like to have total control over the install and maintenance of BIND / Apache / PHP / MySQL / Qmail / and whatever else. Is there a way to accomplish this?

I would love to do all configuration by hand, without the install script. However, I couldn't find any sort of documentation that covered this type of install. Did I miss this documentation, or am I dreaming?

I love Gentoo and can configure it with my eyes closed. The reason I am moving to cPanel from H-Sphere is because H-Sphere is nearly impossible to manage. I would like to be able to configure Apache, within the constraints of cPanels needs, whenever I want without having to worry about bringing down my clients control panels. Some documentation that says "cPanel will need Apache to be configured like blahhhhhhhh" will aid in this.

Any feedback appreciated.
    #1 trusion, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  2. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2003
    White Haven, PA, US