The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to order cpanel license now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hkewell, Jun 22, 2002.

1. hkewell

hkewell Well-Known Member

which one company is best on ONC ?

Can order on cpanel.net ?

My server running at next monday. pls reply me asap.

thanks all.

2. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

http://www.cpanel.net/dist.htm

Personally I've had licenses at LiquidWeb, BurstNet and PowerSurge. So far Burst blows them all away for support.

3. jameshsi

jameshsi Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you mean, you mean burstnet's service is not good ? But I heard a few people said their service is very good !!

4. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

He means Burst's support is MUCH better than the others.

5. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

1) He means BURST RULEZ*.
    2) Steve (awsol) has *never* had a license personally for his business, via Powersurge. Period.

*his opinion is that Burst is the best.

This certainly isn't the venue for this type of discussion- especially not if erroneous information is going to be passed along. And note- I am not venting about anything mentioned about Burst or anyone else- opinions are perfectly welcome about any service. I will defend our company if it is being misrepresented a touch.

I really don't think this thread should even exist. Webhostingtalk.com seems to be the proper venue for this type of discussion.

Just my 328,031 rupees
    (that's really a lot, I hope)

6. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Feanor actually I did have a license through PS for my business. It may have been under my data centers name ICM Computer or Brad Brymes. He decided to pull the license from PS. He said you guys were charging him for support. I don't know this is between you and him. But he took the license to liquidweb and the support tickets seemed to be answered faster.

7. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Before you know the whole story it is probably in your best interest to keep quiet. &Personally with Powersurge& has just become &personally through a 3rd party vendor&

Charging for support?
    Surely, if it is related to support of the OS and not the cpanel product. Does a cpanel license include kernel patches / filesystem creation & journaling configuration / tutorials on how to use the bash shell?

Please keep your comments tailored to first hand knowledge of situations of this nature.

Oh, and this is the support forum for CPanel/WHManager- just a reminder.

8. snowgod

snowgod Well-Known Member

Can't we all just get along?

In all seriousness, lets just leave it at a difference of opinion.

Getting back to the original topic:
    Take a look at the page awsol posted for information on purchasing a cpanel license.

9. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Chill Travis. I wasn't bashing PS at all. In fact I even recommend PS to people on WHT looking for a good data center. I was just stating my opinion on my experience with the whole license support. Maybe my old data center was just trying to screw me and charge me for support. God knows they screwed me enough. The above posts were in no way a means to bash PS. But as snowgod said lets just drop it.

10. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Initiating chilling process.
    I'm having an infantile day, if you didn't notice.

We'll have a picnic this weekend.
    I'll bring the chicken.
    You bring the rhubarb.

:p

My apologies for making this stupid.

11. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

all I have to say is I don't buy from any of these guys mentioned but I don't think awsol was really humping on travis. I think he was just pushing Burst a bit .. it was harmless for sure. Nothing wrong with that. As far as Travis and support for cpanel ..well from what I have seen he helps here more than anyone. Look at the number of posts he has.. OH hell that ain't saying much maybe becuase I think I 3rd.. but I post everywhere cause I have nothing to do forget me ..travis posts real info. Both of my customers are happy anyway. But Travis sure doesn't charge for support on here and I have learned priceless information from him. Post a question and boom he answers almost everything with some kind of post ..99% is helpful if nothing else a link to a prior post. So I guess visitors can look at the facts on this very board and make up their own minds. Keep in mind I can't testify to what he does to his costomers personally but for what he does here in this board would make me think he takes care of his customers :)