The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to provide hosting services

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skyman2610, May 6, 2013.

1. skyman2610

skyman2610 BANNED

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello. Ordered a vps + cpanel.
    I want to provide hosting services. I have written in cpanel vps optimized.
    Clients will immediately recognize that I have a vps and not a dedicated server.
    How can I change the label? that customers would not understand that I have a vps thought that a dedicated server.

thanks !

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The logo that is displayed is based on the license. Since you have a VPS license, the "VPS Optimized" logo will always be displayed.

The only way to change this is if you purchase a standard license, the "cPanel Accelerated" logo will be displayed. There is no way to change the logo that is displayed without changing the license on the server's IP address.

I explained this in some detail here:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f8/cpanel-accelerated-logo-vps-246532.html

You can purchase a dedicated/standard license if you have a VPS, but you cannot use a VPS license if you have a dedicated server. If you would like to purchase a standard license, please talk to either your hosting provider or contact customer service.

If you do not represent that you have a dedicated server when you really have a VPS, that should not be a problem.