Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

I want to restore backup data in a new WHM install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by host2please, Feb 11, 2005.

1. host2please

host2please Registered

Hello Guys,

I am in trouble and need your advice.

The situation is like this:

I have a server. It has two hard disks. One of the hard disk is used for general use and the second one for backup (daily/weekly/monthly).

Now, the main hard disk has crashed. My ISP has given me the hard disk replaced with a new installation of WHM. I need to know how do i restore the old data from the backup hard disk. I am hosting only two websites on this server.

Is there any script provided by Cpanel? I am asking this because the ISP said that it should be preety easy. Am i missing anything?

Abhishek

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should just be able to login to WHM, configure the backups as you had them before to use your second drive, then run WHM > Restore Multiple Backups

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. host2please

host2please Registered

It does not work

Hello,

I have already done that. But this does not work for me. I am not a WHM expert :(
    Do you know someone who can help? I dont mind a paid help, since I am loosing business.

Abhishek