mesranet

May 6, 2002
Dear All,

Today is my bad day, one of my server having issue with bad sector, when i try to copy everything to new hard disk, seem the only ibdata1 is unavailable to copy with input/output error, that mean the bad sector is seriously on the 8GB ibdata1, trying to fsck but still no luck, then trying to add the line of innodb_force_recovery = 1 - 5 at my.cnf also no luck, the mysql wont restart, the last thing is to copy ibdata1 from the last week backup and also the same issue. I'm totally lost, what should i do?

Please help

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You will be lucky if you have SQL dump file of the databases, I think you will have to restore the SQL database dumps on the new server as that will restore the innodb table information for that database.

mesranet

May 6, 2002
Dear Tech,

Is it possible if i only need to restore all the client database without restoring email or any other data ? Will that possible ? Hopefully if you can give proper step. TQ so much

mesranet

May 6, 2002
Dear All,

Thanks god, after taking 1 day rest and long sleep, i got an idea by looking back to the corrupted disk, i boot the disk and i run the mysqldump --all-database > all_database.sql and its work, so now on part of restoration, may i know how to restore from the command line and how about the grant or ownership of database ?

Please help. TQ

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks god, after taking 1 day rest and long sleep, i got an idea by looking back to the corrupted disk, i boot the disk and i run the mysqldump --all-database > all_database.sql and its work, so now on part of restoration, may i know how to restore from the command line and how about the grant or ownership of database ?
Hello,

You can restore the databases with a command such as:

Code:
mysql < /path/to/all_databases.sql
Also, the Database Map Tool is available to correct any database username or database name ownership issues.

Thank you.