Current release

HVRyan

Registered
PartnerNOC
May 1, 2015
Tampa, Fl
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I’ve used ICQ for years, but just recently it’s started to fail. It appears to be an issue with either their API URL or port.

Not knowing what file contains this Information in the belly of cPanel, I don’t have a way to check it/change it/test it.

heres the error I get:

[[email protected] ~]# whmapi1 --output=jsonpretty verify_icq_access
{
"metadata" : {
"result" : 0,
"reason" : "API failure: (XID 6rmynh) The system failed to send an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) “POST” request to “https://api.icq.net/aim/startSession” because of an error: Could not connect to 'api.icq.net:443': Connection timed out",
"command" : "verify_icq_access",
"version" : 1
}
}
if anyone has any insight on this I’d greatly appreciate it.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'll be honest, my first thought when this thread came up is "people still use ICQ?"

In order to test this I tried to create an ICQ account, but it seems all their account access is now based off your mobile number and push notifications with a security key - even when I tried to reset my password I was presented with a screen that said the account didn't have/need a password. So it seems like the basic requirements presented in WHM for the ICQ username and password are legacy tools that are no longer in use.

Those findings would lead me to believe that something has changed on the ICQ side of things, as we haven't touched that code in some time.

I did open a case with our developers to see if we even want to have that option inside of WHM moving forward, because if new accounts can no longer be configured I'm not sure we even want that option to exist, but if I hear back I'll be sure to post more details.

bellwood

PartnerNOC
Sep 25, 2012
New York
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That's what I was seeing - if you had an older account it would still work, but I couldn't create a new account to test.

If you have a list of contact methods you'd like to see us add, just submit a feature request and I'll bring it up with the team!