Idiot proof storage limit guide

paulw32

Jul 5, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm looking for an idiot-proof guide for checking the storage level in a cPanel account to send to clients. It needs pictures and a step by step guide. I know that it seems painfully simple, "Login to cPanel, look at the stats on the side of page to check your storage, the end"
But the amount of people who are unable to do that is frightening.
I've had a look for a super simple guide with images to send to clients who can't seem to manage this task, but I can't find anything that doesn't require them to read. Some of my clients just need pictures. It's like their brains switch off if they have to read anything that might contain anything remotely technical.
Does anyone know of such a guide?

paulw32

Jul 5, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @paulw32,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any guide that you could use.

I think you'll need to bite the bullet and write the guide yourself, as well as continue to educate your clients.
I'm afraid you might be right. We've got a few clients who just aren't tech-savvy at all. Which is fair enough, I don't know how to fix fridges. All I do is open the door and look for snacks. If something goes wrong all my snacks will go warm and I will have no idea what to do apart from eat as much as I can before it's too late.

ZenHostingTravis

PartnerNOC
May 22, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm afraid you might be right. We've got a few clients who just aren't tech-savvy at all. Which is fair enough, I don't know how to fix fridges. All I do is open the door and look for snacks. If something goes wrong all my snacks will go warm and I will have no idea what to do apart from eat as much as I can before it's too late.
Do you use WHMCS? If you do, they could view their usage from your Client Area.

That's a good analogy :)

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Reactions: paulw32

paulw32

Jul 5, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I love that analogy, All I can think of is someone sitting in front of a broken fridge feverishly eating snacks now.

I noticed even our documentation doesn't include pictures Disk Usage | cPanel & WHM Documentation but I did find this in our documentation which might help? The cPanel Interface | cPanel & WHM Documentation
Thanks for the link. That's actually the best I've been able to find. I can tell clients to click on number 5 to get a better understanding.

Now back to my snacks.

Reactions: cPanelLauren