The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiots Guide to all things idiotic for WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gordypordy, Jan 8, 2004.

1. gordypordy

gordypordy Active Member

Is there are Idiots's Guide to WHM for this educated idiot ?

I mean, why sell a product that has various versions, and provide a very general Instruction guide!

That's like selling a car with no steering wheel to a learner and telling him to figure out how to turn corners himself! By all means, assure him he can turn corners, but let him figure out how to do it.... :confused:

I'm not a stupid guy, but I'm new to Cpanel and WHM, and I buy a server which has them installed, and they even kindly direct you to cpanel.net to learn how to use this nice new server software, but Cpanel Net does not have a complete guide, and what they do have, we are advised, assumes that you have Linux know-how. Doh!

I want to know how to set-up domains that I own on my server, and I want to know how to do it step by step, not patchwork fashion, guesswork, trying and failing method or any other method. I don't need taught, just give me the guide for how it works and I'll figure it out myself!

But you don't even get a guide, you get some rough ideas, the rest you have to beg, borrow or steal!

Cpanel should provide a comprehensive guide for their own products, or is that too much to ask ???

2. RaveKnights

RaveKnights Well-Known Member