The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im a Newbie Reseller I need DNS Zone Help please

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by http, Jul 13, 2005.

1. http

http Registered

I dont understand how to correct the dns zone for my clients domains, we moved server and everthing is a mess, two clients domains ip's and ns1,ns2 are wrong. and the sites dont work at all for now 8 days, big problem one client has lost over 300,000 visitors since the change, and they are really mad...

I not sure the correct way to change the dns records to relect my private nameservrs name and ip.

I have attached some code of what I mean. This is what I see in the Edit A DNS Zone in Whm after selecting a domain name....
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com is representing the domain masked sorry just for legal reasons..

Can anyone tell me which way I am suppost to do it like and a faster way to change it becuase to change 1100 domains will take for ever..Im pulling my hair out..I love my new host but my host gives me the run around with techie answers, goes straight over my head..
    I need another view on this problem I am having.. thanks in advance..

Code 1 is what it is now with out the right ip and or nds1,ns2 of my private nameservers. some work without the private nameservers is it essential to change it.

Code 2 is what I think it should be changed too to relefct my private reseller nameservers.
    XxXxXxXxXx.com. is my private nameservers, and 11.11.11.111 is the ip I was given for my reseller account.

Code 3 or should it be like this...

please any assistance would be great..

look at each one, each is different, I think it should be number 2, but unsure. :confused:

And is there a fast way to change the dns to all the parked domains because there is well over 1100 of them on file with all wrong ip's, if I have to do this manually I think I need something stronger than a beer.

#1 http, Jul 13, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  2. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

Few advises:

1) Get another host!

2) Get an admin to do transfers!

3) You need to do this:

a. point the clients you had transferred to the new DNS servers. What are your dns servers right now that are registered with the domain registry ?

b. once you do that, then you updated the NS records to the correct DNS servers as you have in CODE 3.

3. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Did you update your domain at the registrar with the new nameserver IP's?
    Did you check each zone for the correct IP address?
    Without real information, it's impossible to tell where your problem is. Even if your zones are correct you'll still suffer downtime, unless the accounts remain active with the previous host until they are completely resolved.

4. drupal

drupal Active Member

His host is not the problem, the host has obviously tried to help but the poster here cannot understand how to do things. The reason he's getting "techie" answers is because these are "techie" issues. I really wish people would understand that webhosting is not a game to be played and you do have to be techinical.

To the original poster - If you do not understand the basics (which DNS is part of) then you should NOT be hosting sites and causing them grief. If I were one of your clients, especially causing a site days of downtime I would haul your ass in court. Don't blame your provider because you do not know the basics, you need to study and learn if you want to survive in this business.

Use the suggestion hicom gave, HIRE A COMPETENT ADMIN.

5. djabrams

djabrams Registered

Hello,

If you give me the real domain names having dns issues, and you tell me what the correct nameservers should be I can help you out a little bit. I do suggest that you listen to drupal since it's really your fault that your clients are having these issues. You need to be technical to be a reseller host, or you need to find a new business.