i'm getting this message whenever i login to whm

heroboy17

Registered
May 16, 2007
I'm getting this pop up message whenever i try to login whm.And none of my sites doesn't work[server couldn't be solved].:

Hostname A Entry Missing!
The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname (host.xxx.com). This is generally because the entry was never added. However this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would like to attempt to automatically add the entry,
i'm adding an an entry for my hostname but it gives this message again .i'm waiting for your help :(:(

jayh38

Mar 3, 2006
Are your name servers down as the message suggests? You can add the A record manually. Look under the DNS menu in WHM. Edit the record for your host domain and see if it exists.

There are many other things to look at but it seems it may be basic setup issues.

heroboy17

Registered
May 16, 2007
i added an A entry for my hostname but it still give the same error when ever i try to login to whm.I think there is a problem in ''resolv.conf''file it includes only this words:
nameserver 127.0.0.1
All of my sites aren't accessible now i'm waiting for urgent help

Regards

hostmedic

Apr 30, 2003
Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
more information will help us help you

HeroBoy

In order for someone else to help you - we will require a little bit more information.

Are your nameservers actually running -?
Is your domain pointing to your name servers ?

We could check -but would need the domain name
and server hostname