The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im new and need HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexxxual, Apr 2, 2003.

1. sexxxual

sexxxual Registered

I am new to all of this and im currently using the web host manager. For some odd reason when you hit http://www.mydomain.com it goes to my hosts website. But when you go to http://mydomain.com it works just fine. Can anyone tell me why? Also when creating a new user account how do I know what name servers to put in their DNS entries in their domain account manager. (they are with Network Solutions)

If anyone would like to assist a newbie I would greatly appreciate it.

oh yea one last thing in my confirmation email it told me to point my DNS to ns1.0000.net 000.00.000.000 Of course those are sample #'s but where exactly do I do that?

ok now if you can assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Networkologist

Networkologist Well-Known Member

Newbie here, but I'll do my best

Could you offer some detail?

Is your's a reseller account or a dedicated server with WHM/cpanel.

Have you been assigned ip's by your host? Y/N? If so, More than one?

It sounds as tho you are not using your own name servers but those of your host?

Have you read what there is of the WHM/cpanel doc's?

Have you entered any name servers in WHM > Edit Setup?

Once you have your name servers setup correctly, WHM will automagically assign them to your new user account.

I don't think you should be posting in BOLD :rolleyes:

3. sexxxual

sexxxual Registered

My apologies, Im so use to posting in bold on other forums it has become habit.

In regards to your questions. Im actually on a shared server. And yes I have a reseller account. It has WHM for setting up client accounts. I have a cpanel for my own site, since I originally purchased the hosting service.

Do I need to add myself to the WHM as a new account user?

I tried all last night to figure it out, but no matter what I do when you hit www.sexxxualvisions.com it goes to maxxxhosting.com but if you type it in FTP format http://sexxxualvisions.com it works just fine.

I set up an account for a user who has decided to go with me for design and hosting. And that seems to be working fine now.

Hopefully I better elaborated on my issue and this can assist you guys in assisting me.

Thank you

4. vishal

vishal Well-Known Member

See WHM->DNS->Edit Dns Zone

Hello,

If at all u r a Re-Seller then it totally depends how your account has been created (What Features are Turned "Off" and "On").

As far as your www and no www prob is concern it might be the wrong entry in the DNS zone. or ur account was created with a Prefix www.mudomain.com which has to be created without www.

go to the prompt and type

ls /var/named/ if u see a file www.mydomain.com make sure it has to be only mydomain.com.

Hope this help!!!

Regards,

:cool: