bestcrazygames

Registered
Jan 20, 2021
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, i have a website gaming and my last developer add a code to convert image .jpg to .webp, I look also on other website and it show image.webp when I save to desktop but on my website when I save image even if shown in the host image.webp when I save to desktop it show image.jpeg, not know if should be like this, I have another website also same template with genre and show same problem, if anyone knows the problem or is not a problem please let me know in the comment. thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! if the site is working well I wouldn't worry about this issue as it just indicates the files are being saved as a different type. There's nothing wrong with them downloading as a jpg through a browser as long as the site is displaying how you want.

If you think they should be downloading as a different file type you would want to work with the designer of the site to ensure the links in the pages point to the webp version of the file on the system.

saeedlotfi68

Registered
Apr 4, 2021
IR
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, i have a website gaming and my last developer add a code to convert image .jpg to .webp, I look also on other website and it show image.webp when I save to desktop but on my website when I save image even if shown in the host image.webp when I save to desktop it show image.jpeg, not know if should be like this, I have another website also same template with genre and show same problem, if anyone knows the problem or is not a problem please let me know in the comment. thank you!
I think it is enough to install a plugin for this

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J User Experience 1
C User Experience 1