The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image::Magick problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mickalo, May 2, 2007.

1. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Hello,

we just installed ImageMagick and PerlMagick, then install the Image::Magick module. But can't seem to figure out why we get the following error with our Perl script:
    Code:
    *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x08557190 ***

can someone please explain this error and how to possibly fix it? we installed the lastest version of ImageMagick/PerlMagick and Image::Magick modules. this is on a Centos 4.4

Any help much appreciated.
    Mickalo

2. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks to me like you've overflowed a buffer somewhere, perhaps an array you're writing past the end limit of in your perl script?

Added: one of the guys here throws in it could be a loop that is free'ing the same thing multiple times - happened to him before :)

#2 mctDarren, May 2, 2007
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

that's what I thought too. I've used the same identical script with no problems on our own server, Linux/RHEL 4 dedicated server, but this is being used on a VPS server, could this be the problem?

after going back through some earlier notes, I found that using the Image::Magick "Blur" causes this problem, if I remove the "Blur" it works fine. Had this problems on other servers too. So everything is working like it should. Appreciate all the help :)

Mickalo

#3 mickalo, May 2, 2007
    Last edited: May 2, 2007