The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ImageMagick not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S-Combs, Jan 17, 2007.

1. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

I am having a hell of a time getting ImageMagick working on my new server for some reason.

I have installed first like this and received no errors during the process but it didn't function after setting the proper path to the binaries /user/local/bin/ which was correct.

./configure
    make
    make install
    cd PerlMagick
    perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make install

I then searched here for this problem and found a post by casey recommending to try this but still no joy.

make uninstall
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    make install

This placed the binaries in /user/bin/ but my scripts are still not working with ImageMagick regardless of the path I set.

Since I'm not seeing any errors during the install process I don't know what else to try and am wondering if something else might be conflicting in some way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

cPanel 10.9.0-C117
    RedHat Enterprise 4 i686

#1 S-Combs, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Run this command to see if ImageMagik works:
    /usr/bin/convert -help
    /usr/bin/convert -version

The other option you have to install ImageMagik is to run the cPanel script:
    /scripts/installimagemagick

3. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Andy

Both of those commands return the expected output so it does appear to be functioning. For some reason it just won't work with my scripts or those of my clients on this new box. These scripts did operate fine on the machine we moved them from. I'm starting to wonder if this might have something to do with the mod_security rules I'm using but not sure what could be blocking that type of functionality.

4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Disable Mod Security rules for a short period of time and see if that helps. Did you check Apache log files for any errors when running these files that used to work?