The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

images not loading in advanced guestbook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SilverMedia, Jul 19, 2007.

1. SilverMedia

SilverMedia Member

HI I am wondering if someone can help me:

I set up a advanced guestbook in Cpanel and for some reason it wount let me upload picture to it...

I am getting an error like this
    Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/wwwtpss/public_html/discuss/public/img-1184719668.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wwwtpss/public_html/discuss/lib/add.class.php on line 172 Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpYlgm9t' to '/home/wwwtpss/public_html/discuss/public/img-1184719668.jpg' in /home/wwwtpss/public_html/discuss/lib/add.class.php on line 172 Warning: getimagesize(/home/wwwtpss/public_html/discuss/public/img-1184719668.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwtpss/public_html/discuss/lib/add.class.php on line 292 Guestbook Thank you for signing the guestbook. Your entry was added successfully! You should be transfered back to the guestbook in 2 seconds. Advanced Guestbook 2.4.2

-I also changed permissions on the entire folder where guestbook resides to 777
    -basically my problem is that signing the guestbook adds the entry text but not the picture

thanks in advance'd'
    Mark

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Check your php.ini to see if it has a valid upload_tmp_dir folder name. PHP will normally produce errors if upload_tmp_dir is not enabled and the folder not defined and if you have open_basedir enabled for the account.

3. SilverMedia

SilverMedia Member

thanks that was fast...I think I figured it out...even though I changed permissions on the main folder for where the guestbook resides, I still had to individually change the permissions to 777 for the folder where the images are bieing sent and stored...

thanks again
    Mark