The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imap, exim and clamd failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dualnames, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Dualnames

Dualnames Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

New to the forums. I have joined as there are some questions I have that I have been unable to answer. Running the latest 11.38.2 build and a few days ago they had a few services that have failed, imap, exim and clamd. A lot of the solutions I am seeing is to just run a upcp --force however how do we know this will fix the issue?

During the time of the failures, there was not a high load on the server, memory usage was fine and there was not a lot of IO activity. Auth daemons were also not hit. So, what more should I be looking for? Thank you for any assitance you guys can provide.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Forcing an update to an already up to date cPanel insures that the files needed for cPanel to run properly, are there. It is a common solution to a failed update of some sort. Certainly safe to do.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you continue to see the service failures, or was it a one-time occurrence? Typically, it's a good idea to review the logs for the particular service that failed to see if you notice any particular errors. For example, if IMAP fails, check /var/log/maillog for the time it failed to see if you notice any entries related to it's failure.

Thank you.