The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMAP failed, IMAP keeps failing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ashutariyal, Jul 31, 2010.

1. ashutariyal

ashutariyal Registered

2 days back i have got problem with my tmp dir (100% full) so i have contacted to my host about this and they have shifted my tmp dir to a new tmp dir but it was too small (500 mb) for my sql queries and it got 100% full error in every 10 to 15 minutes i have again contacted them but they have not responded so i have searched on the web and found a solutions to increase size of /tmp dir here : Increase the size of /tmp (/usr/tmpDSK) partition in Linux? | ANTG but after increasing the size of /tmp dir server is getting many problems and i am not been able to figure it out, imp service & exim service getting failed every 5 minutes, server getting overloaded (60 to 70) every 10-15 minuets and all sites on the server going down but after 10-15 minutes it is again coming to the normal and i am continuously getting imap failed msg from the server.

Code:
    imap failed @..................... A restart was attempted automagically.
    Service Check Method:  [tcp connect]

Failure Reason: TCP Transaction Log:
    << * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
    >> A001 LOGIN __cpanel__service__auth__imap__QLLdEMYWq79T4Hg0teT1OZpWzWOQjyOqe0Y7oJV_rmrXE5mBiLc31fDbOql4oi6V vjcgxmSkAe5w3RTDP3j0qm8T7puEBHnL2eUmqVjmSgjY4XkbNb7x0V9CNhu6l8FA
    << * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
    imap: ** [* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond.. != A001 OK]
    Hoping anyone will sure help me on this regard,

Thanks and Regards,

Ashu

2. duranduran

duranduran Well-Known Member

Hi, a kite old, but i have the same problem today:

Code:
    imap failed @ Wed Jun  8 18:36:35 2011. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method:  [tcp connect]

Failure Reason: TCP Transaction Log:
    << * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
    >> A001 LOGIN __cpanel__service__auth__imap__Tm4ZJjGxua35yEKZ_XnVJMAw6jc9WU39bpqSuV4lqHlBIwCdKNN_7gZnhMQfZKs5 88udCPQ7cSpzELxA3NBsiAdNIjBCWXYdmVdB5LRleRZiQAHBxRMQwGP9abrO6GLp
    << * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
    imap: ** [* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond.. != A001 OK]
    : Died at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/ChkServd.pm line 539, <GEN1> line 2.

Number of Restart Attempts: 1
    any help ?

3. duranduran

duranduran Well-Known Member

The problem continues