IMAP failed, IMAP keeps failing

ashutariyal

Registered
Mar 25, 2008
2 days back i have got problem with my tmp dir (100% full) so i have contacted to my host about this and they have shifted my tmp dir to a new tmp dir but it was too small (500 mb) for my sql queries and it got 100% full error in every 10 to 15 minutes i have again contacted them but they have not responded so i have searched on the web and found a solutions to increase size of /tmp dir here : Increase the size of /tmp (/usr/tmpDSK) partition in Linux? | ANTG but after increasing the size of /tmp dir server is getting many problems and i am not been able to figure it out, imp service & exim service getting failed every 5 minutes, server getting overloaded (60 to 70) every 10-15 minuets and all sites on the server going down but after 10-15 minutes it is again coming to the normal and i am continuously getting imap failed msg from the server.

Code:
imap failed @..................... A restart was attempted automagically.
Service Check Method:  [tcp connect]

Failure Reason: TCP Transaction Log:
<< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
>> A001 LOGIN __cpanel__service__auth__imap__QLLdEMYWq79T4Hg0teT1OZpWzWOQjyOqe0Y7oJV_rmrXE5mBiLc31fDbOql4oi6V vjcgxmSkAe5w3RTDP3j0qm8T7puEBHnL2eUmqVjmSgjY4XkbNb7x0V9CNhu6l8FA
<< * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
imap: ** [* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond.. != A001 OK]
Hoping anyone will sure help me on this regard,

Thanks and Regards,

Ashu

duranduran

Apr 30, 2004
Hi, a kite old, but i have the same problem today:

Code:
imap failed @ Wed Jun  8 18:36:35 2011. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method:  [tcp connect]

Failure Reason: TCP Transaction Log:
<< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
>> A001 LOGIN __cpanel__service__auth__imap__Tm4ZJjGxua35yEKZ_XnVJMAw6jc9WU39bpqSuV4lqHlBIwCdKNN_7gZnhMQfZKs5 88udCPQ7cSpzELxA3NBsiAdNIjBCWXYdmVdB5LRleRZiQAHBxRMQwGP9abrO6GLp
<< * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
imap: ** [* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond.. != A001 OK]
: Died at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/ChkServd.pm line 539, <GEN1> line 2.

Number of Restart Attempts: 1
any help ?