archeyreece

Aug 21, 2009
I am getting this error in my inbox:

Code:
imap failed @ Fri Aug 28 02:08:20 2009. A restart was attempted automagically.
Service Check Method:  [tcp connect] 

Failure Reason: TCP Transaction Log: 
<< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2008 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
>> A001 LOGIN __cpanel__service__auth__imap__kiWforJZQUkIF_VI2NRZ50izy_QjjzDVd_TdNUxEdfke7oohao9D5ZsWdgmT2gmf d4I_cOGYRI1wJDl0mBoenoCYnoPZeTga4wHZD9EPVbc7qNjiXDcR_nQHkB_2uBQ0
<< 
imap: ** [ != A001 OK]
It's been happening for about 4 days now, I've tried restarting IMAP from WHM, with no joy.

I am running:

cPanel 11.24.5-R38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
CENTOS 5.3 i686 virtuozzo on server

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
Can you paste the error that you get while restarting through WHM

Also try cpanel RELEASE build

vi /etc/cpupdate.conf

CPANEL=release

/scripts/upcp --force

/etc/init.d/courier-imap restart

archeyreece

Aug 21, 2009
Okay, but it says IMAP started... ok

Code:
Waiting for imap to restart..............finished.

couriertcpd (/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=/var/run/imapd.pid -start -name=imapd /usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 143 /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/imaplogin /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd Maildir) running as root with PID 32625
couriertcpd (/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 143 /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/imaplogin /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd Maildir) running as root with PID 32626
couriertcpd (/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=/var/run/imapd-ssl.pid -start -name=imapd-ssl /usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 993 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/imaplogin /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd Maildir) running as root with PID 32634
couriertcpd (/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 993 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/imaplogin /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd Maildir) running as root with PID 32635
couriertcpd (/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=/var/run/pop3d.pid -start -name=pop3d /usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 110 /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/pop3login /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/pop3d Maildir) running as root with PID 32642
couriertcpd (/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 110 /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/pop3login /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/pop3d Maildir) running as root with PID 32643
couriertcpd (/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=/var/run/pop3d-ssl.pid -start -name=pop3d-ssl /usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 995 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/pop3login /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/pop3d Maildir) running as root with PID 32650
couriertcpd (/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/couriertcpd -address=0 -maxprocs=50 -maxperip=30 -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 995 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/pop3login /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/pop3d Maildir) running as root with PID 32651
authdaemond (/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=/var/spool/authdaemon/pid -facility=mail -start /usr/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond) running as root with PID 32656
authdaemond (/usr/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond) running as root with PID 32657
authdaemond (/usr/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond) running as root with PID 32658
authdaemond (/usr/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond) running as root with PID 32659

imap started ok
EDIT: I put vi /etc/cpupdate.conf in SSH and it already showed CPANEL=release

Last edited:

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
Are you able to telnet to 143 . It should be working then .
Or try
/scripts/upcp --force

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
If you are still receiving the failure email only you need to do all this . From what I can see it seems imap is working now . upcp shouldn't cause any issue.

From the ssh terminal you can run

[email protected][~]# telnet your_server_ip 143

Replace your_server_ip with your server IP

archeyreece

Aug 21, 2009
If you are still receiving the failure email only you need to do all this . From what I can see it seems imap is working now . upcp shouldn't cause any issue.

From the ssh terminal you can run

[email protected][~]# telnet your_server_ip 143

Replace your_server_ip with your server IP
okay, i did that, gave me a message saying OK, so what do i do now?

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
imap should be working . Are you still receiving the failure email ?

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
Do,

/scripts/courierup --force

service courier-imap restart
service courier-authlib restart

archeyreece

Aug 21, 2009
Do,

/scripts/courierup --force

service courier-imap restart
service courier-authlib restart
Okay I did all three, the first at the end said imap started ok.
The other two stopped and started okay.

What exactly did the first one do? I know the last 2 restarted imap, and something else.

*sigh* I keep getting the emails.

Last edited:

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
It updates Courier . Wait for some time and see if the email pops up again .

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
cat /etc/xinetd.d/imap

show us the results , if you have that file .

If you haven't tried upcp , go for it .

And if it is already release , try changing to stable and then do upcp .

Last edited:

archeyreece

Aug 21, 2009
cat /etc/xinetd.d/imap

show us the results , if you have that file .

If you haven't tried upcp , go for it .

And if it is already release , try changing to stable and then do upcp .
Okay, Didn't have a file, so I tried upcp, it finished, are you sure all my files and configs will be the same? like cronjobs, settings in whm/cpanel, uploaded files.

logicsupport

Jun 5, 2007
Well, then you need to check the logs and see if you can get any information . Might be the server is crashed . I have come across this issue before .

I'm sure the logs should give you more details and it would be easy to fix. I would recommend contact any admins for help .

archeyreece

Aug 21, 2009
Well, then you need to check the logs and see if you can get any information . Might be the server is crashed . I have come across this issue before .

I'm sure the logs should give you more details and it would be easy to fix. I would recommend contact any admins for help .
I guess im doing a total re-install of my vps.