IMAP problem with squirrelmail after last nights update?

ladydi711

Well-Known Member
Sep 4, 2001
140
6
318
It appears since last nights update, squirrelmail is not running properly:

ERROR: Unknown IMAP response.
Query: FETCH 1:* (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)])
Server responded:


Then at the bottom:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: LOGOUT

This is occurring on accounts that have mail in the mailbox. Accounts that regularly download via POP and therefor have nothing in their mailbox load OK.

Outlook imap seems to be working OK. I could also get in via Horde.

I tried mutt -f imap://localhost/ and only get Fetching message headers... [1/329] and it never returns.

Has anyone experienced this? Or know what I need to do to fix it?
 

ladydi711

Well-Known Member
Sep 4, 2001
140
6
318
Yes, I have and no help there.

I have found that a few accounts are working properly, but the majority of them are not. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I thought that it might be related to mailbox size of number of messages, but I have one mailbox with 941 messages that is 13MB in size; this one works OK with squirrelmail. I have one that is large (80MB) with 2000 items that does not work. I also have a small one with 147 messages and 9MB in size that also does not work. All three are in different domains.

I am running WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-S38

cPanel/WHM Updates - Manual Updates Only (STABLE tree)

cPanel Package Updates - Automatic

Security Package Updates - Automatic
 

server.tech

Member
Oct 14, 2006
10
0
151
I did this to fix : -

~~~~~~~
# ldd /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd
libfam.so.0 => not found
libgdbm.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgdbm.so.2 (0x0000002a9566c000)
libcourierauth.so.0 => /usr/lib64/courier-authlib/libcourierauth.so.0 (0x0000002a95772000)
libc.so.6 => /lib64/tls/libc.so.6 (0x0000002a9587c000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000002a95556000)
~~~~~~~~

and found that " libfam.so.0 => not found " ; installed the .so file by " yum install fam "