SpiritAu

Feb 23, 2003
Aussie Land!
Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody knows if with cPanel's IMAP service if you can connect to the inbox via multiple clients?

I.e if we have a [email protected] account and had the IMAP account setup in Outlook for our 2 sales reps would Outlook worth with this? We want to avoid a helpdesk for sales enquires!

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody knows if with cPanel's IMAP service if you can connect to the inbox via multiple clients?

I.e if we have a [email protected] account and had the IMAP account setup in Outlook for our 2 sales reps would Outlook worth with this? We want to avoid a helpdesk for sales enquires!
Often I have two or three email clients connected to the same account concurrently. The main problems I experienced were with email filters. The best solution I found was to move all my filters server-side.

After that the main problem is with timing. If email client A happens to check the email before clients B and C, then the message can be marked as read before B and C see the message and it won't display as Unseen (unread) in the clients B and C. But that can vary from email client to email client.