Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

IMAP Question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by SpiritAu, Jun 29, 2008.

1. SpiritAu

SpiritAu Active Member

Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody knows if with cPanel's IMAP service if you can connect to the inbox via multiple clients?

I.e if we have a sales@ account and had the IMAP account setup in Outlook for our 2 sales reps would Outlook worth with this? We want to avoid a helpdesk for sales enquires!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Often I have two or three email clients connected to the same account concurrently. The main problems I experienced were with email filters. The best solution I found was to move all my filters server-side.

After that the main problem is with timing. If email client A happens to check the email before clients B and C, then the message can be marked as read before B and C see the message and it won't display as Unseen (unread) in the clients B and C. But that can vary from email client to email client.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...