The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMAP unaccessible, yet service is running

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by vidarn, Jan 14, 2008.

1. vidarn

vidarn Member

This is WHM 11.11.0 / cPanel 11.15.0-C17944, I have tried running /scripts/upcp --force but
    to no avail, also all mail-related services have been restarted - but still nothing.

Pop works fine, but IMAP is unable to anything else than login and list folders - in Horde I
    get the folder listing but no content - just the error:
    Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/lib/IMAP/Client.php on line 257

Also, I notice that /var/log/messages has this entry:
    Jan 14 23:26:40 mail kernel: 3w-9xxx: scsi0: ERROR: (0x03:0x010D): Invalid field in CDB:.

Are my disks dying or could there be another reason? AFAIK nothing has been changed on
    this server, IMAP just suddenly stopped working. All help is greatly appreciated..

2. troxalias

troxalias Well-Known Member

The scsi error seems to be a warning about unsupported features by your controller and not a problem with your disks.

Have you tried using imap through a mail client (as Thunderbird or Outlook Express) ? If yes, do you get an error message?

3. vidarn

vidarn Member

Hi, thanks for the good news concerning the disks :)

I caved and opened a cPanel ticket, they found the problem was because gam_server
    was hanging, the solution was to uninstall it and to a fresh yum install and restart of
    Courier-IMAP. All good now. Hope this post helps someone else!