The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMAP with cpanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by petertdavis, Jun 13, 2002.

1. petertdavis

petertdavis Member

I've been told that there is no possible way to use IMAP on a server running cpanel. This sound very weird to me. I have a server account using Plesk, but prefer cpanel. The only thing keeping me on the Plesk server is that I depend upon IMAP. Is it true that IMAP and cpanel are incompatible?

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

Cpanel does not support IMAP but POP3, SMTP and Web mail are all supported

Also while using IMAP protocol there will be no bandwidth saving which is not a good idea in shared hosting.

3. Snowman30

Snowman30 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Is there any plan to offer IMAP support??? Id really love to be able to offer a webmail service for my site customers in a similar style to MSN or everyone.net (which i currently use)

If there is no IMAP support is there any other way to achieve a webmail service?

4. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

What exactly does IMAP have with being the lynchpin as far as webmail services?

? There are dozens of programs that provide webmail service that interface with a pop3 server. CPanel provides Neomail, one of the better ones for linux- it hooks into the pop3 server and your clients have a fully featured pop3 inbox interface for each email account you create.

IMAP & CPanel are in the works though, as far as I know.
    Perhaps later in August or into September look for the first attempt at a release candidate- at least those are the inner rumors I've heard. who knows :p