Import Forwarders with Blank Addresses (or wipe current forwarders)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

riddlemeright

Jun 15, 2020
United States
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
They finally did it. I'm still running into the original problem which is that, on shared hosting, I can setup a catchall. We've tried virtually everything to make it happen. Unfortunately, we'll need to keep forwarding each account which causes delays for large numbers of accounts to receive the forwarded mail. Thanks for the help!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @riddlemeright

Can you explain in detail what you're trying to accomplish with all of those forwarders? Maybe we can find you a better way to achieve your end goal?

riddlemeright

Jun 15, 2020
United States
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I need to have all emails go to one account for my business. I have 200 valid emails and 800 additional for expansion. All forward to one address. This allows me to receive correspondence without the need to check each unique account. The unique accounts are also critical so I need to have many.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Yea, forwarders are one way to do this. Have you set up the catch-all address? You can do this at cPanel>>Email>>Default Address if you set it up to send all unrouted mail for your domain to your email address it will send *@domain.tld to you.
Screenshot at Jun 16 10-40-26.png

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Not on a shared server apparently.
Actually it's available on shared - if you don't have that in your cPanel>>Email section your provider has limited the features associated with your package. They do have the ability to enable this as well as change it for you.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Well either way the mail will be reaching your account. So the burden would remain the same. I'm not sure why they wouldn't set this up for you. You really don't even need access to that section, they can just add the following /etc/valiases/domain.tld